Visit the restored historic interiors including:
Foyer — In the entrance and hallway you will find beautiful reproduction linoleum as well as original art glass dating from the early 1900s. Original statuary and busts of the Foundress of the Sisters of St. Ann, Mother Marie Anne Blondin, ssa and Bishop Bourget of Montreal are watching over the halls as they used to during the school days.
The Sisters’ Parlour — Once the formal reception room for the school, the restored Sisters’ Parlour features reproduction carpet custom made in England at the time of the restoration as well as a gallery of artwork painted by Sister Mary Osithe, ssa, the art teacher from the 1890s to the 1930s, as well as some of her former students. A large reproduction of the “Immaculate Conception” painted by Sister Mary Osithe in 1904 from an original work by the Spanish renaissance artist Murillo is a key feature of the restoration as well as other antique furnishings and details. A beautiful crystal chandelier, which is believed to have been originally a gas fixture in the chapel in the late 19th century, now lights your way into the Sisters’ Parlour.
Pupils’ parlour — Once the parlour where boarding students entertained their visitors, the Pupils’ parlour now houses the office and gift shop for St. Ann’s Academy National Historic Site. The parlour is also decorated with period furnishing and artwork, and also features the exposed pipes of the original hot water heating pipes—still in use today.
The former Priest’s Breakfast Room—still awaits restoration. Now used for temporary exhibits, the Priest’s Breakfast room’s unfinished floors feature glimpses of original linoleum.
The Chapel — considered the jewel of St. Ann’s Academy, the beautifully restored 1858 chapel features over 500 sq. ft. of 23 karat gold leaf and both original and reproduction faux finished marble. Restored to the time period of the 1920s, the chapel sparkles in the sunlight through the original stain glass windows. Original altar paintings painted in 1902 by Sister Marie Helene de la Croix, ssa decorate the sanctuary which features both original side altars and a reproduction main altar. Original statuary and Stations of the Cross as well as heritage linens and liturgical items complete the scene. Above in the organ loft, the custom built 1913 Casavant organ is still in good working order.
The Novitiate Garden — accessed from the chapel by a balcony, the restored Novitiate garden features the reproduction 1920s gazebo as well as heritage trees and perennial gardens.
There are also temporary themed exhibits each year at St. Ann’s Academy. Developed in conjunction with the Sisters of St. Ann Archives, the temporary exhibits feature archival photographs and artifacts on topics relating to the history of the school, the Sisters of St. Ann and the restoration of the building and gardens.