Smaller venues (6-20 people)
Parlours: Looking for a unique setting for a small meeting? The historic Sistersí Parlour seats up to 15 people boardroom style and up to 25 theatre style for a lecture or presentation. The Priestís Breakfast Room can accommodate up to 10 people boardroom style. Both venues feature heritage furnishings and dťcor; some A/V equipment may be available. Please consult St. Annís staff for further information.
Larger venues (100-200 people)
Auditorium: St. Annís Academy Auditorium provides a unique historical setting for all kinds of meetings, lectures or presentations. The auditorium seats 200 in a theatre setting with stained glass windows, lighted proscenium arch, and a stage accessed from centre front staircase. Microphones, front projection screen and several tables and chairs are available for your use. Rental Rates
Tips for planning your Auditorium meeting/lecture
Please follow these general guidelines when planning your event:
- There is a sound system and basic microphones available. You are also welcome to bring in your own audio equipment. St. Annís does not provide technical staff, so you are welcome to provide your own technical staff as required. If you plan to bring a data projector and laptop and are using rear projection, you will need a 25 ft. data cord to connect the laptop to the projector.
- All setup and clean up of the event must take place during the booked time.
- The heritage wooden seats are fixed in position and configured with two aisles. Any decoration or signage may be tied onto the seat; no use of adhesive tape, tacks or other invasive methods is allowed. A wooden podium is also available.
- It is not permitted to attach anything to the walls by any method; some wooden easels may be available for displayóplease consult St. Annís staff if desired.
- A wheelchair accessible washroom is located at the left of the stage. The main washroom facilities are located downstairs on the basement level. Please consult with St. Annís staff if you require wheelchair access to the stage.
- A small tented area is located at the main entrance to the Auditorium; in fair weather this may be used as a box office area. There is also limited space indoors suitable for a box office table; please consult with St. Annís staff.
- Food and drink may be served; please advise your caterer that there are no kitchen facilities available at the Auditorium. The tented area at the back of the Auditorium may be used for catering set up if weather permits. Only bottled water is permitted on the stage.
Further technical specifications for the Auditorium are available here.
Chapel: The historic 1858 Chapel at St. Annís is an interfaith space which is available for up to 150 people for meetings, lectures and presentations. Some AV equipment may be available; please consult with St. Annís staff. Please note: although now interfaith, the Chapel is historically restored to the appearance of a Roman Catholic chapel circa 1920 with religious art, statuary, stained glass windows and wooden pews.
Tips for planning your Chapel meeting/lecture:
Please follow these guidelines when planning your Chapel meeting/lecture:
- A microphone and speaker is available; further A/V equipment may be available. Please consult St. Annís staff for more information. Note: there are no blinds on the windows in the chapel, which may limit some visual presentations.
- The heritage wooden pews may have any decoration or signage tied onto the seat; no use of adhesive tape, tacks or other invasive methods is allowed. It is not permitted to attach anything to the walls by any method; some wooden easels may be available for displayóplease consult St. Annís staff if desired.
- A wooden lectern and several folding tables and chairs are available
- Food and drink are not permitted in the chapel; however, catering can be set up in the adjoining foyer, parlour and garden areas. A small catering kitchen is also available. The Sistersí Parlour and Priestís Breakfast Room can be used a small breakout areas at no extra charge when renting the Chapel.